When you were a kid, did you ever daydream about sleeping on a cloud? You might have been disappointed to learn that that isn’t possible, but the next best option is waiting for you at your local mattress store. What is a pillowtop mattress, and is it the right mattress for you?
What Is a Pillowtop Mattress?
The idea of “sleeping on a cloud” sounds silly, but there’s a reason it’s appealing. Clouds look endlessly fluffy, soft, and comfortable. Who wouldn’t love a mattress that was as cozy as that? Unfortunately, in reality, sleeping on a cloud would be a damp and chilly experience you probably would not want to repeat.
However, that doesn’t mean you should give up on getting a perfectly pillowy night’s sleep. If sleeping on a cloud would be a dream come true, we have the perfect mattress for you: a mattress with an extra “cloud” of soft material sewn right into the top. But what is a pillowtop mattress?
Pillowtop and Euro Top Mattresses
If comfort is your concern, look no further than the top of your mattress. While the material a mattress is made of will have an affect on its overall firmness, the top of the mattress is also a key part of your sleeping experience. There are two types of common mattress toppers:
- A pillowtop mattress has an additional layer of pillowy material sewn directly into the top of the mattress, offering a sleeper additional comfort. Unlike the euro top mattress, it has a more rounded top, and is often softer and fluffier to lay on as a result. Pillowtop mattresses are perfect for sleepers seeking a night of luxurious comfort.
- A euro top mattress is flat on the top and does not offer a lot of additional cushioning. Euro top mattresses are popular with people who prefer a firmer night’s sleep, such as those with back and neck issues.
Many sleepers prefer a pillowtop mattress over a euro top mattress because of that extra layer of comfort. It’s like sleeping on an extra pillow, every night. Who wouldn’t love that? While many sleepers enjoy a pillowtop mattress, they tend to be particularly perfect for certain kinds of sleepers:
- Pillowtop mattresses offer great movement isolation due to their extra cushioning. If you toss and turn, or share a bed with someone that does, a pillowtop mattress could improve your quality of sleep.
- Pillowtop mattresses are great aesthetic investments. The pillowtop offers a rounded, classic look to any bedroom set, and the additional cushioning makes it extra-luxurious.
- Pillowtop mattresses are soft and responsive, and they can provide a great night of sleep to back or side sleepers.
- If you need temperature regulation from your mattress, a pillowtop mattress made of natural materials will do the job. The extra layer under the pillowtop helps with heat dispersion, giving you a cooler and more comfortable night’s sleep.
Pillowtop mattresses aren’t for every sleeper. Stomach sleepers or those who need a little less cushion will probably appreciate the euro top mattress more. However, if you’re looking for that “sleeping on a cloud” experience, don’t overlook the benefits of a pillowtop mattress.
What is a pillowtop mattress? If you’re looking for a luxurious night of sleep, it might be exactly what you’re looking for. However, you don’t have to take our word for it. Come visit us at one of our in-store locations and see for yourself.
To explore top-quality mattresses for the whole family, stop by Beautyrest Sleep Gallery. At our locations in Springfield and Branson, Missouri, we provide an extensive selection of top-quality mattresses, including Beautyrest®, Serta iComfort®, Tempur-Pedic®, and Scandinavian Sleep Systems. A family-owned and -operated business that supports local charities, Beautyrest Sleep Gallery offers free local delivery and setup as well as a Best Price Guarantee. Shopping for a new mattress can be overwhelming, but with our wide variety of mattresses and expert sales staff, we can put your worries to rest. To get started, please visit us in store or explore our mattress selection online.