Imagine this: A package the size of a coffee table arrives on your doorstep, and when you remove the contents of the box, they transform into a queen-sized mattress! Invented in 2007, this innovative idea was designed to simplify the process of shopping for a mattress by compressing a mattress down to the size of a convenient shipping box. While the idea of buying a mattress online may seem odd, some people have found that a bed-in-a-box mattress is a perfect fit for their lifestyle, their budget, and (most importantly) their sleeping preferences.
In light of the recent COVID-19 crisis and the value of social distancing, a bed-in-a-box mattress could be an ideal fit for someone who needs a new mattress but cannot currently visit a brick-and-mortar store. Remember that you can still shop for a new mattress online and schedule a home delivery! At Beautyrest Sleep Gallery, we offer free delivery for all bed-in-box-mattresses.
To learn more about the benefits of beds-in-a-box and shopping for a mattress during the COVID-19 pandemic, please scroll down.
The Benefits of a Bed-in-a-Box Mattress
Most bed-in-a-box mattress products are foam and come with generous trial periods so that you can ensure the product fits your needs before you commit to it. In addition, many companies offering bed-in-a-box mattresses have a limited selection of products so that you don’t need to spend a lot of time comparison shopping. These products are designed to be quite flexible, accommodating sleepers of varying body shapes and sleeping styles.
If you’re concerned about trying out the mattress out before you buy it, note that you can test-drive many bed-in-a-box mattresses in showrooms. You can also view mattress ratings online, which can help you find a product that accommodates your sleeping style and provides adequate support.
Although the packaging for bed-in-a-box mattresses is compact, note that it will be heavy. The mattress will be compressed and rolled or folded (or both) to fit inside the box, and most manufacturers recommend that you unpack the mattress within one or two months of its delivery. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for unpacking because the mattress will likely be heavy and cumbersome. Because many bed-in-a-box products emit an odor at first, you may wish to open a window after you remove the mattress from its packaging.
Our Bed-in-a-Box Products
At Beautyrest Sleep Gallery, we offer five mattresses that arrive as a bed-in-a-box:
- Awakenings Transform – 10″
- Awakenings Totality – 12″
- F80 Plush All-Foam Mattress
- F115 Plush All-Foam Mattress
- S130 Plush Hybrid Mattress
If you have any questions about these mattresses, please feel free to contact us by phone or e-mail.
Shopping for a Mattress During COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted so many different aspects of daily life, including mattress shopping. To learn how this crisis will impact Beautyrest Sleep Gallery, please read the recent announcement written by owner Ursula James. If you’re currently shopping for a mattress, these are the main points you need to know:
- We encourage you to support local businesses. We and other small businesses in the area NEED YOUR SUPPORT. Please support your favorite local businesses and encourage your friends and family to do so as well. We don’t know how long this pandemic will last and how it will affect our community, but it’s important that we come together to support our local businesses. At Beautyrest Sleep Gallery, 100 percent of proceeds from purchases during this difficult time will go directly to our staff members to help them support their families.
- We offer online shopping and home delivery. To practice social distancing, consider purchasing your mattress online and having it delivered to your home. We offer free local delivery and setup. Free shipping to the continental United States is available for bed-in-a-box products only. Please visit our website to learn more about our shipping and exchange policy.
- We still offer appointments at our Springfield store. Although our Springfield store is temporarily closed, if you are shopping for a mattress, pillows, or sheets, you can schedule an appointment online and a member of the Beautyrest team will open a store to assist you. When you arrive, please visit the bathroom and wash your hands. Use the hand sanitizer at the desk before you exit the store. To keep our customers healthy, we are keeping our showrooms and our hands extra clean!
- We are open for business in Hollister. We welcome you to visit us at the Beautyrest store in Hollister, Missouri, but please respect three important guidelines: (1) Do not visit if you have a fever or respiratory symptoms, (2) Do not visit if you have traveled out of the country in the past 14 days, and (3) Please wash your hands before visiting and use the hand sanitizer at the front desk.
Are you looking for a new mattress? Check out the Beautyrest Sleep Gallery website. We provide an extensive selection of top-quality mattresses, including Beautyrest®, Serta iComfort®, Tempur-Pedic®, and Scandinavian Sleep Systems. A family-owned and -operated business that supports local charities, Beautyrest Sleep Gallery offers free local delivery and setup as well as a Best Price Guarantee. Shopping for a new mattress can be overwhelming, but with our wide variety of mattresses and expert sales staff, we can put your worries to rest. If you have any questions, please call our Springfield store at 417-890-5788 or our Branson store at 417-334-9784.
Take care, everyone – and please wash your hands!